The Merula XL is an uncomplicated design that suits most women needing a very high capacity menstrual cup. The Merula cups eliminate the need for size guessing with a one size fits most model. They are suitable for women with any pelvic floor condition and the unique ladder stem also means it can be made the perfect length for any cervix height.
Made in Germany from 100% medical grade silicone, the XL Merula Cup is an excellent high capacity option for women with a very heavy flow. As one of the highest capacity cups on the market, the Merula XL can hold up to 50ml of menstrual fluid. This is around 20ml more than most model 2 cup sizes. Not only will this higher capacity mean less bathroom trips throughout your day, the vibrant pink colour and the matching cotton pouch will just make your day feel that little bit brighter.
Unlike most other brands of menstrual cup, the Merula is designed in such a way that it does not need to be completely open after insertion. As long as the edge has opened, the cup itself can be worn in a folded state, while still providing leak free protection. The exterior of the Merula is completely smooth, with no top rim. This makes it more comfortable for women who experience discomfort from other ‘rimmed’ cups. The unique ladder stem can be easily trimmed and allows for easier cup removal. Finally, the lesser vacuum level of the Merula makes this cup suitable for any pelvic floor condition, whether weak or very strong.
Merula XL Features:
- Extra large 50ml volume. Equivalent to 2.5 of the largest commercially available tampons
- Made from 100% medical grade silicone that is free from chemical additives like plasticisers or animal-based ingredients
- Can be successfully worn in a folded up state
- Suitable for weak or strong pelvic floor muscles. Strong pelvic floor muscles will not cause the Merula to lose its shape
- Smooth exterior with no upper rim
- No holes in the rim that require cleaning
- Trimmable ladder style stem, making it suitable for medium to high cervix (Portio) height
- One size fits most
- Includes a cute ‘strawberry print’ cotton storage bag
The Merula XL is NOT recommended in the following situations:
- If you have a very low cervix (Portio) or,
- if you feel your vagina is exceptionally “tight”
In these cases, this cup may be too big for you and you may be best to consider the Merula Cup ‘one size’
Merula XL Specifications: please see image
IMPORTANT: Menstrual Cups have been associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS). TSS is a rare but serious disease that may cause death. Always read and keep the information contained with your cup. Use only as directed. Discontinue use of this product and consult a GP if you experience any adverse side effects.